The best way to boost penis health? Food.
We often eat with our hearts and stomachs in mind, but how often do we consider how foods affect extremely specific body parts?
First things first though: no matter what we eat, the benefits are holistic — it goes where our bodies need it.
But, let’s say, if you know, that apples and carrots are good for your prostate and penis health, wouldn’t you be inclined to eat these foods more often?
That’s the goal of our below-the-belt food list.
Instead of eating as if your penis needs special attention, fill your day with foods that optimize your whole body, and in turn, help your blood bring the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals your penis needs to function. (Erectile dysfunction in younger men is rising and about 1 in 9 men will develop prostate cancer in their lifetime.)
On the plus side, enhancing your diet just might help with other concerns, such as heart disease, hormonal imbalances, fat burn, and more.
From prostate cancer, low T-levels, ED, and possibly infertility, these foods are here to help.
1. Spinach to boost testosterone levels
Spinach worked for Popeye, and it’ll help you, too.
Spinach is a super source of folate, a known blood flow-booster. Folic acid plays a critical role in male sexual function and a deficiency in folic acid has been linkedTrusted Source to erectile dysfunction.
Cooked spinach contains 66 percent of your daily folic acid requirement per cup, making it one of the most folate-rich foods around. Additionally, spinach contains a fair amount of magnesium, which also helps improve and stimulate blood flow and has been shownTrusted Source to boost testosterone levels.
Spinach for penile health
- A good source of folic acid which may help prevent erectile dysfunction.
- Contains magnesium which has been shown to boost testosterone.
- Pro-tip: Try our favorite spinach recipes for your next date night.
2. A daily cup of coffee for better sex
Your morning cup of java can be a below-the-belt pick-me-up, too!
Studies have found that drinking two to three cups of coffee a day may prevent erectile dysfunction. This is thanks to coffee’s most beloved ingredient: caffeine.
Caffeine is shownTrusted Source to improve blood flow by relaxing penile arteries and muscles, leading to stronger erections. Cheers!
Caffeine for penile health
- Caffeine has been shown to prevent erectile dysfunction.
- Improves blood flow by relaxing penile arteries and muscles.
- Pro-tip: Not a fan of coffee? You can get your daily caffeine fix from Yerba Mate or matcha instead.
3. Apple peels to prevent prostate cancer
Apples have some great all-around health benefits, but one of their lesser known advantages pertains to penis health.
Apple peels, in particular, contain the active compound ursolic acid. This compound has been shown in cell studiesTrusted Source to stop the growth of prostate cancer cells by “starving” the cells. Still, you should always follow a medical professional’s treatment plan when faced with prostate cancer.
EAT MORE FRUITS AND VEGGIES
Grapes, berries, and turmeric also have similar effects. StudiesTrusted Source suggest that men who consume more fruits and vegetables in general have better odds at beating prostate cancer.
Apples for penile health
- Contain an active compound that may starve prostate cancer cells.
- Men who consume more fruits and vegetables have a better prostate cancer survival rate.
- Pro-tip: The cancer-fighting compound is contained in the peel so be sure to eat your apples with the skin on. You can also make dried apple chips or apple peel tea.
4. Supercharge your libido with avocados
The Aztecs were on to something when they named the avocado tree the “testicle tree.”
An excellent source of healthy fats, potassium, and vitamins, avocados are great for getting you in the mood.